See also Sushi Express Seaweed Rolls
Ingredients For The Dish:
- 8 button onions
- 8 large canned mushrooms
- 16 shrimps
- 1/4 pound [113 g] chicken meat
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] ginger juice or ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] sake
- 2 green peppers
- 1/4 pound [113 g ] white fish
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] dashi
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] water
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] monosodium glutamate
- 4 tablespoons [60 mL] soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons [60 mL] mirin or sherry
- 4 tablespoons [60 mL] grated daikon or horseradish
- Oil for frying
Cut both ends from onions and parboil in boiling salted water.
Drain mushrooms well.
Shell and devein shrimps.
Cut chicken into 1-inch [2.5 cm] squares about 1/3-inch [8 mm] thick.
Sprinkle with half of ginger juice or ground ginger and sake.
Cut green peppers lengthwise.
Remove stem and seeds and cut in pieces about same size as the chicken.
Cut fish about the same size and sprinkle with remaining ginger juice or ground ginger.
Arrange all on skewers.
Make batter with flour, beaten egg, water and the soy sauce as for vegetable tempura.
Have the oil heated on the table.
Dip the skewers in the batter and then fry as for fondue.
Dip in grated daikon and the dipping sauce before eating.
Enjoy delicious recipes with Sushi Express.