See also Sushi Express Seaweed Rolls
Ingredients For The Dish:
- 1 cup [250 mL] medium or short-grain rice
- 1 cup [250 mL] cold water
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] icing sugar
- 3 sheets nori [dried seaweed]
- 1 green onion, green part only, into long strips
- 1 piece carrot, into long strips
- 3 ounces [85 g] sundried tomato and basil-flavored crumbled light tuna fish, drained
- Pickled fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- Wasabi sauce
- 1 really sharp knife
- 1 bamboo rug
- 1 wooken spoon
- 1 wooden or plastic cutting board
- Plastic wrap, to help keep bamboo rug clean
Well rinse rice under cold running water; drain rice.
Salt then bring cold water to a boil; boil rice until soft, drain, cool rice under cold running water and well-drain rice.
Transfer drained rice into a large bowl; stir in rice vinegar and icing sugar.
Rice will really be sticky.
Into a microwave oven, soften green onion and carrot strips for a few seconds.
Lay bamboo rug onto a wooden cutting board, then top bamboo rug with plastic wrap.
Lay 1 sheet nori onto plastic wrap then cover it with a thin coat of rice, up to 3/4th of sheet.
Onto sheet, just besides the rice, lay some green onion and carrot strips; arrange a thin coat of drained crumbled sundried tomato basil-flavored tuna fish all along vegetables strips, up to 1/2 inch [1.3 cm] from nori sheet border.
Top tuna fish with thin pickled fresh ginger slices.
Top with a really thin coat of Wasabi sauce, right besides tuna fish.
Starting at nearest end, delicately lift bamboo rug rolling sushi tightly so that rice does not escape from roll.
Using a really sharp knife, slice roll into thin rounds.
As rice really really sticks to the knife, it is wise to run the blade under running water between each cut!
Repeat with remaining ingredients, preparing more rolls.
Serve slices onto a serving plate, or a sushi display.
Enjoy delicious recipes with Sushi Express.