See also Sushi Express Seaweed Rolls
Ingredients For The Dish:
- 1/2 pound [227 g] shirataki or fine vermicelli
- 1 stick celery
- 6 ounces [170 g] bamboo shoots
- 2 leeks
- 8 sprin onions
- 1 samll can mushrooms
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds [454 to 680 g] very thin slices raw tender beef
- Little beef fat
- 1 cup [250 mL] dashi or water + 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] monosodium glutamate
- 7 tablespoons [105 mL] soy sauce
- 7 tablespoons [105 mL] mirin or sherry
- 2 to 3 tablespoons [30 to 45 mL] sugar [if sherry is used, add a little extra sugar]
- 4 eggs [optional]
Cook shirataki or vermicelli in boiling salted water, drain and cool.
Cut celery, bamboo shoots, leeks, onions and mushrooms into short lengths, slantwise.
Put on a large plate with the beef.
Heat a heavy pan and rub the bottom with a little beef fat.
Cook enough beef for the first serving, add a little of the Warishita and vegetables.
Each portion should be eaten as it is cooked and can be dipped in the beaten eggs, if desired.
Put all the ingredients together in a pan.
Bring to boiling point and pour into a gravy boat.
Enjoy delicious recipes with Sushi Express.